Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Miscellaneous Stuff





I'm sitting here, watching the rain out my front window. If and when I ever get to mow again, it's not going to be fun. The grass is very tall, and there is no end in sight as far as precipitation goes. Last evening, I spied on this beautiful fawn as he waited patiently in the pasture for his mama to come back and get him. I'm not sure if he is one of the pair of twins I saw last week. If so, I hope the other baby is still around somewhere. Seriously, it's better if I don't see them AT ALL. When one turns up "missing" I worry. See Jitta? You're not alone.

I've included some images of my friends, and my beautiful daughter Thais, from our recent rendezvous in Manhattan. Marcio, Leonor and I wandered around Central Park on Sunday, as Thais and her husband Scott ran. The park is such a beautiful and amazing place. We toured the castle, and Shakespeare's garden. So lovely and peaceful. Took in the tribute spot to John Lennon, as Marcio is a big American rock fan.

The story behind this ring? Well, it's just about one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. DadWadPad and I purchased silver rings while visiting Brasil in March. Leonor ran us all over the older (more dangerous) section of SaoPaulo to find just what we were looking for. A month or so ago, due a series of miscues on my part and a misunderstanding of the part of a friend, I lost my ring. My friend misunderstood my intentions when I removed the ring to show it to her across a dinner table in a noisy dining room one evening. She was so thrilled when she put the ring on her pinkie and it fit. To her, the thought that I brought something back from Brasil for her made her joyous. I didn't have the heart to correct the misunderstanding and ask for it back. Fast forward to this past Saturday as we were visiting in the Best Western on 49th Street. I relayed this story to Leonor and Marcio via Thais, the official translator. As I was rambling on about my loss and eliciting chuckles from everyone, Leonor removed her ring and slipped it on the ring finger of my right hand. "Perfect!" she exclaimed, with the most beautiful smile on her face. As I tried to return her ring to her, she refused. Her gift to me obviously made her very happy, as it did me! What a wonderful gesture. I asked Marcio to please make sure she gets herself a replacement. He assured me he would. Such unbridled joy, generosity, and genuine love is a gift; one to be treasured. I'll never forget her selflessness. We should all strive to be so giving.........

3 comments:

Lara said...

that story is so sweet! i love that gift-giving. :)

Aimee said...

What a sweet friend!

jittacatgirl said...

i want one. a brasilian ring that fits.